7.3.13

AIRAVATA



So, although I don’t have a retail shop set up in my house selling oddities and witchy knick-knacks yet, I am getting close. Currently my house is overloaded with some of the most interesting, random, and amazing objects. My friend Kai has a pretty keen eye for unique home goods and has been collecting things for a while.  When I told him he would be a natural “Etsy Seller” he agreed to let me show him the ropes, and brought over a few boxes containing his favorites. This guy has got my number. Carved wood altar pieces, animal skulls, mid century wooden trays, unique ceramic jars and pots, AND BOOTS, like woven kilim boots, that made my mouth salivate and my palms sweat and if they had been just a tad bigger would have been his payment to me for helping him set up a pretty kick ass online home goods shop (if I do say so myself).  AIRIVATAhome is the name of his shop.

I have been away from etsy and vintage and all of that selling business for a while, so it was kind of fun to see how the apps and programs have changed in the past couple of years. I even got pretty excited and have decided to start selling vintage again. It’s so funny though, I am so excited about the stuff Kai keeps bringing over for his shop that I just want to focus on home stuff. I have so much vintage still, dresses and blouses and coats and shoes and boots and belts and accessories that I held on to when I liquidated “just in case” I decided to come back. I have not listed any of my things yet, but I probably will now that Kai is all up and running. 

You can see his shop at AIRAVATAhome.

Also, I promised my grandma that I would begin blogging regularly again.  We have had a few scary weeks regarding my grandpa and his health. Reconnecting with them and many of my root people, have shifted my priorities tremendously. All of this is actually really exciting for me. I am really looking forward to getting back in touch with people. Picking up the dropped threads.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on your friends etsy shop - I just bought some boots! Glad to see you blogging and moving towards selling again. Catching up on your previous posts...have you read Plant Spirit Medicine by Eliot Cowan? Think you might like it. Many blessings to you.

Jillian Guyette said...

I was an avid reader of your blog ages ago and just stumbled back upon it. So happy to see you're getting back into it and things are looking up :)

patriciabeatriz86 said...

I can TOTALLY see you through the AIRVATA etsy shop! And I am beyond thrilled that you have decided to dust off the shelves of YOUR shop and open it up for business again!

-Patty
www.thesobremesa.com

Gina said...

Wow I can't believe I've found you again. I used to digest your blog like my daily vitamins years ago, but it seems like we both kind of fell out of the blogosphere -- you on the writing end, I on the reading end. You randomly came to mind today when I found a pair of boots online that I had an inexplicable affinity toward (they reminded me of your style). I'm so happy to see your spiritual and personal growth; it fosters strength and confidence in me to know that everyone else in the world is searching and struggling as well. I can't wait to hear more from you on your blog. I'll always be reading!

Mia said...

I can't wait to hear more from you on your blog. I'll always be reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...